NOTICE REGARDING DONATIONS
The South Holland Library is temporarily not accepting donations of books until further notice.
Please consider donating your books to other libraries, book donation bins, or thrift stores.
Thank you for your understanding, and we apologize for any inconvenience.
The South Holland Library is happy to accept donations of books or other materials, including magazines and audio visual items such as Blu-rays, DVDs, music CDs, VHS videos and audio books (cassette and CD form). If your donation is not added to our collection, it will be placed in the used book area and any money received for the items will be used to benefit the library. Please note that these items should be in newer, gently used, and good condition.
We will not accept donations of the following items:
- Encyclopedias or other multi-volume reference sets more than 5 years old
- Computer software
- Home-taped audio-visual materials
- Textbooks, school library discards or other public library discards
- Items with mold or mildew
- Items that are musty, soiled, damaged, damp, yellowed or odoriferous