The South Holland Public Library is a vital part of a thriving community focused on faith, family and future. The Library boasts a workforce that embodies high ethical standards and responsiveness, with a relentless pursuit of greatness. Individuals joining our workforce are those with a commitment to integrity, professionalism, self-discipline, respect, and a servant’s heart. We strive for excellence in our work and value the diversity in our skills, beliefs and aspirations.
Want to work at the South Holland Library?
Take a look at our open positions:
Technical Services Clerk I – Part-Time, 18 hours per week
The South Holland Public Library is seeking a positive, hardworking, independent, organized, detail-oriented individual to join our Technical Services Department. Work is performed primarily in a workstation environment requiring extensive periods of sitting, using a computer keyboard and reading a computer monitor. Daily responsibilities will fluctuate depending on workflow.
South Holland Public Library serves a multi-ethnic community with a Village-wide mission of “Faith, Family, Future.”
- Processes all fiction book materials for the Adult and Young Adult collections.
- Processes all book materials for the Youth collection.
- Searches for MARC records and enters items into the SWAN database.
- Processes new materials for shelf readiness, protection and circulation.
- Repairs or switches out worn or damaged library book materials.
- Learn computerized technical services procedures and data entry.
- Type 40 words per minute.
- Pay close attention to detail.
- High School diploma required.
- Able to reach, bend, stoop, lift, and carry books, boxes and equipment as needed.
- Reads, writes legibly and speaks articulately, and understands English at a 12th grade level.
- Access to transportation for performing job responsibilities is required.
- Previous library experience and/or course work preferred.
Salary: Starting at $9.98/hour
All applicants are subject to a background check and drug screening.
Applications are available at the library and below and will be accepted through July 7, 2017.
To apply, please submit a completed Employment Application:
By E-Mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
By Fax: (708) 331-6557
By Mail or Drop-Off: South Holland Public Library, 16250 Wausau Avenue, South Holland, IL 60473