The South Holland Public Library is a vital part of a thriving community focused on faith, family and future. The Library boasts a workforce that embodies high ethical standards and responsiveness, with a relentless pursuit of greatness. Individuals joining our workforce are those with a commitment to integrity, professionalism, self-discipline, respect, and a servant’s heart. We strive for excellence in our work and value the diversity in our skills, beliefs and aspirations.
Want to work at the South Holland Library?
Take a look at our open positions:
Circulation Clerk – Part-Time
The South Holland Public Library is seeking an enthusiastic, positive, hardworking, and self-directed individual to work in our fast-paced team environment. Work is performed primarily at the main circulation desk requiring extensive periods of standing, using the computer and answering the main phone line. Daily responsibilities may vary depending on the workflow.
- Staffs the Circulation Desk 80-90% of the scheduled work time.
- Duties include checking materials in and out, issuing library cards, collecting fines, retrieving materials, cleaning and shelving CD’s and DVD’s, magazines and newspapers.
- Performs all automated circulation functions accurately and efficiently.
- Handles routine complaints and answers a variety of questions at the circulation desk.
- Ability to learn Dewey Decimal system, automated circulation system, library circulation policies and procedures.
- Ability to work flexible hours including evenings, Saturdays and occasional holidays.
- Ability to work with the public in a courteous and tactful manner.
- Reads, writes legibly and speaks articulately and understands English at a 12th grade level.
- Previous library experience in Circulation preferred but not required.
- Ability to stand for extended periods of time and to be able to bend and lift up to 20 lbs.
- High School diploma required.
Position is part-time, 10-15 hours per week including evenings and Saturdays.
Salary: Starting at $9.98 per hour.
Applications are available at the library and below and will be accepted through January 27, 2018.
All applicants are subject to a background check and drug screening.
To apply, please submit a completed Employment Application:
By E-Mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
By Fax: (708) 331-6557
By Mail or Drop-Off: South Holland Public Library, 16250 Wausau Avenue, South Holland, IL 60473