The South Holland Public Library is a vital part of a thriving community focused on faith, family and future. The Library boasts a workforce that embodies high ethical standards and responsiveness, with a relentless pursuit of greatness. Individuals joining our workforce are those with a commitment to integrity, professionalism, self-discipline, respect, and a servant’s heart. We strive for excellence in our work and value the diversity in our skills, beliefs and aspirations.
Want to work at the South Holland Library?
Take a look at our open positions:
The South Holland Public Library is seeking a dynamic, tech savvy, Youth Librarian to work in a team environment. Flexibility, creativity, collaboration, cooperation and excellent customer service skills are essential. Responsibilities include working at the Youth Services circulation desk, providing reference and reader’s advisory, selecting materials, designing and implementing programs for youth from birth through 12th grade, promoting services and programs, and troubleshooting library equipment.
- Provides reference, reader’s advisory, and circulation service to youth and their parents.
- Regularly scheduled on the youth reference desk 80% of the time.
- Initiates, prepares and presents programs for infants through 12th grade.
- Shares responsibility for collection development, selection and weeding of all materials in the Youth Services Department.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Knowledge of children’s and young adult literature and library services.
- Working knowledge of computer and Internet applications.
- Ability to plan and conduct programs.
- MLS from an ALA accredited program.
- Minimum of three (3) years public library experience working with children and teens.
- Reads, understands, writes legibly and speaks articulately in English; Spanish a plus.
- Position requires day, evening and weekend hours.
- Access to transportation.
Position is full-time, 36 hours per week.
Salary: Starting at $23.00 per hour depending on qualifications.
Applications are available at the library and below and will be accepted through November 22, 2017.
All applicants are subject to a background check and drug screening.
To apply, please submit a Resume, Cover Letter, and a completed Employment Application:
By E-Mail: email@example.com
By Fax: (708) 331-6557
By Mail or Drop-Off: South Holland Public Library, 16250 Wausau Avenue, South Holland, IL 60473