The South Holland Public Library is a vital part of a thriving community focused on faith, family and future. The Library boasts a workforce that embodies high ethical standards and responsiveness, with a relentless pursuit of greatness. Individuals joining our workforce are those with a commitment to integrity, professionalism, self-discipline, respect, and a servant’s heart. We strive for excellence in our work and value the diversity in our skills, beliefs and aspirations.
Want to work at the South Holland Library?
Take a look at our open positions:
Custodian - Part-Time
The South Holland Public Library is looking for a reliable, skilled Custodian to perform essential upkeep and cleaning tasks of the library building and property. Being reliable and self-motivated, with a keen eye for detail, is essential to success in this position.
- Cleans all bathrooms daily. Refills soap dispensers and paper products as needed.
- Empties all waste receptacles, recycling bins and paper shredders into outside containers.
- Vacuums. Dust mops, sweeps and wet mops all uncarpeted floors.
- Dusts and cleans tabletops, counters, and all horizontal surfaces.
- Scrubs sinks, tables and counters in kitchens.
- Spot cleans glass daily and washes all interior windows twice a year.
- Cleans and sanitizes drinking fountains.
- Knowledge of the methods, materials and equipment used in cleaning work.
- Ability to work independently.
- Ability to work the hours needed to complete the responsibilities of the Custodian.
- Ability to reach, bend, stoop and lift up to 40 pounds and access cleaning areas.
- High school diploma or equivalent required.
- Custodial experience a plus.
- Reads, understands, writes legibly and speaks articulately in English.
- Position requires day, and some evening and Saturday hours.
This position is part-time, working 7-10 a.m., Monday-Saturday, with an average work week of 18 hours. .
Salary: Starting at $12.91/hour.
Employment Application is available below and at the library.
Submit completed applications electronically to [email protected], by fax to 708-331-6557,
or by dropping off or mailing to South Holland Public Library, Attn: Edna Burns, 16250 Wausau Avenue, South Holland, IL 60473.
Application deadline is Wednesday, April 13, 2021
All applicants are subject to a background check and drug screening.
The South Holland Public Library is an Equal Opportunity Employer