The South Holland Public Library is a vital part of a thriving community focused on faith, family and future. The Library boasts a workforce that embodies high ethical standards and responsiveness, with a relentless pursuit of greatness. Individuals joining our workforce are those with a commitment to integrity, professionalism, self-discipline, respect, and a servant’s heart. We strive for excellence in our work and value the diversity in our skills, beliefs and aspirations.
Want to work at the South Holland Library?
Take a look at our open positions:
Full-Time Public Services Librarian
The South Holland Public Library is seeking a Public Services Librarian to work in a team environment where flexibility, creativity, collaboration and cooperation is essential.
- Provides friendly, courteous and accurate services to all users.
- Works effectively to provide efficient and exemplary customer service.
- Provides reference, research, readers’ advisory and other assistance to users at the Information Desk.
- Participates in collection development, selection, and weeding in assigned areas.
- Develop, schedule and presents programs for adults.
- Assists, troubleshoots and trains users in the use of online catalog, the Internet, databases, copiers, printers and other library resources and equipment.
- Markets library materials and programs by creating displays and marketing materials.
- Ability to work with the public in a courteous and tactful manner and possesses good customer service skills.
- Competency in providing readers’ advisory and reference services.
- Skilled at adult collection development and adult programming.
- Must also be skilled at using the MS Office Suite, software and Internet applications.
- Able to reach, bend, stoop and lift up to 20 pounds and access library areas and materials.
- MLS from an ALA-accredited program. Public Library experience preferred.
- Reads, understands, writes legibly and speaks articulately in English.
- Position requires day, evening and Saturday hours. No Sundays.
- Access to transportation.
Position is full-time, 36 hours per week. Benefits include health insurance, IMRF and paid time off.
Salary: Starting at $18.60/hr DOQ
Employment Application is available below and at the Library.
Submit completed applications and a resume electronically to [email protected], by fax to 708-331-6557, or by dropping off or mailing to: Linda Caruso, 16250 Wausau Avenue, South Holland, IL 60473.
Application deadline is Friday, September 18, 2020
All applicants are subject to a background check and drug screening.
The South Holland Public Library is an Equal Opportunity Employer