NOTICE REGARDING DONATIONS
The South Holland Library is temporarily not accepting donations of books until further notice.
We will still accept magazine, DVD, CD and Blu-ray donations.
Please consider donating your books to other libraries, book donation bins, or thrift stores.
Thank you for your understanding, and we apologize for any inconvenience.
The South Holland Library is happy to accept donations of books or other materials, including magazines and audio visual items such as Blu-rays, DVDs, music CDs, VHS videos and books on CD. If your donation is not added to our collection, it will be placed in the used book area and any money received for the items will be used to benefit the library. Please note that these items should be in newer, gently used, and good condition.
*** Please Limit your gently used items to 2 boxes/bags per household per week.
We will not accept donations of the following items:
- Encyclopedias or other multi-volume reference sets and reference type materials more than 3 years old
- Computer software
- Home-taped audio-visual materials
- Textbooks, school library discards or other public library discards
- Items with mold or mildew
- Items that are musty, soiled, damaged, damp, stained, yellowed or odoriferous
- Items/bags/boxes of materials that are insect infested or contain insect residue
The library reserves the right to refuse items that do not meet the above criteria.