Can I Get a Library Card?
Residents of the incorporated Village of South Holland may obtain a South Holland Public Library Card that is eligible for system-wide borrowing privileges and valid at all Illinois member libraries. Residents will be issued their first South Holland Public Library Card without cost.
If you do not reside within the Village of South Holland, we can provide you with information about how to obtain library privileges through our reciprocal agreements with other Illinois libraries.
Important Things To Know About Your Library Card
- You will be issued a card that will be valid for three years from the date of issuance. Privileges are rescinded upon your termination of residency in the Village of South Holland.
- Once you receive your South Holland Public Library Card, you will be presented with a packet of information explaining your Library privileges and obligations, including borrowing materials and fines.
- Your South Holland Public Library Card also serves as your login for computer use, and as a vend card for printing. The Library is not liable for any monetary value added to the card.
- South Holland Public Library Cards are not transferable. If you violate this rule, you will still be responsible for materials borrowed on your card. The Library is not responsible for damages, direct or indirect, resulting from the borrowing or use of Library materials or equipment.
- You may authorize a second-party to check out items reserved or interlibrary loaned for you. This authorization must be granted in writing.
- South Holland Public Library Cards remain property of the South Holland Public Library. If you lose or damage your South Holland Public Library card, and it has not expired, you will be charged a replacement fee of $1.00.